Thursday 16 April 2015

Too Much Stuff?

Do you ever get to that point where you forget what is on your bookshelf because you have so much stuff? 

I do. 


Self confessed bookaholic here. 

I don't buy things we won't use, they are on topics we will cover (now or in 5 years!) and they are all great resources - there is just a LOT of them.


So I have a plan. 

A plan so that "no book is forgotten or left behind on the shelf".

I am entering the world of cataloguing. Am I insane? Yes of course but it seems my growing library needs organising and it's time to put my Librarians badge on! 



I want to be able to start a topic or theme, unit study etc and be able to get all those amazing books I have hunted for and use them all. I find myself putting a new book in the room and find one sitting next to it and think "Oh I forgot I had that one!".

Stay tuned over the coming weeks as I share the process with you (and in case I am buried in a book-o-lanch and you don't hear from me, call for help LOL) and work out how my little cataloguing system is going to take shape. 

In the meantime, tell me, do you catalogue things in your home? 


No comments:

Post a Comment