Now that I have a Tween on my hands,
I thought I would update our reading lists, first one being Halloween.
There are a few yearly favourites but a few new ones this year.
For Reference/Non Fiction reading, we love and I recommend:
- Witches and Wizards by Paul Dowswell.
- Horrible Histories: Witches, by Terry Deary
- The Wizards Handbook by Dr Robert Curran
For Fiction and Fun Reading we have used these this year:
- Late For Halloween by Camilla Fegan
- The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
- The 'You Choose...' series titles:
The Haunting of Spook House
Mayhem at Magic School
(these are all 'Choose you own adventure' style books)
Favourites we re read include:
The Harry Potter Series
So that's our little update. It's often tricky finding books on Halloween that aren't picture books aimed at the younger kids and aren't too scary (and are aimed at older teens and adults) so hope this might have given you a few ideas if you are after something for that in between age range.
For previous blog posts on Halloween Reading Lists, just click on this link:
Happy Halloween and a Blessed Samhain to you all!